Learn More about Lisa's
Small Business Practice!
Experienced, Strategic and Independent
Lisa Clay is a lawyer because, to her, practicing law means being able to help people accomplish their personal and business goals. To be a solo attorney – unaffiliated with a traditional law office – requires maintaining the knowledge and independence to help her clients solve problems in creative and cost-effective ways.
As a solo practitioner she assists small businesses and individuals with practical and effective solutions to problems arising in day-to-day management, employment, and commercial disputes. She works hard to avoid litigation whenever possible, but pursues it when necessary.Practice Areas
Lisa has nearly 15 years in practice. She currently focuses her practice on the following areas.
- Employment and Commercial Litigation
- Employment counseling, policies, manuals and handbooks
- Family law counseling and litigation
- Title VII, FLMA, ADA, ADEA, FLSA and related state litigation
and administrative agency matters
- UCC, FDCPA, FCRA, consumer fraud and related claims
- Contract, fiduciary and tort claims
- §§553 and 605 piracy claim defense
- Copyright troll defense
- BA, cum laude, Valparaiso University, Political Science and Communications
- MA, University of Wisconsin, Master of Industrial and Labor Relations
- JD, with distinction, University of Iowa
- 40 hour arbitration/mediation training (ISBA 2016)
- Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar
Ms. Clay is admitted to practice in Illinois (active license) and Washington, D.C. (inactive license).
In every aspect of life, human intellect should be dedicated to doing the most good. Civility, generosity, compassion and pragmatism guide Ms. Clay's personal and professional conduct in all things.